Resident Resources

How can we help?

Community Guidelines & Resources

Where can I find the rules and regulations for my community?

The Resident Guide outlines the community guidelines for Tierra Vista Communities.

How do I contact Tierra Vista?

The Community Management Office can be reached at 310-241-6184. It is located at 2400 South Pacific Avenue, Building 410, Suite 2, San Pedro, CA 90731.

Are pets allowed?

Yes, we gladly welcome four-legged family members at Tierra Vista Communities Please see the Animal Policy for more information about our pet policy and information about restricted breeds. 

Are there any special safety features or tips about my home or community I should know about?

We have put together a short video highlighting fire, child, water and neighborhood safety.
Click Here to watch the video

Am I allowed to run a business from my home?

Information concerning running a business from your home can be found in the Resident Guide. For further information or to apply please contact the Community Management Office at 310-241-6184.

Are guests allowed to stay with me?

Guests are welcome to stay with a resident for less than 30-days without written notification. If a guest will be staying for longer than 30-days please contact the Community Management Office at 310-241-6184 to get the required approval.


How do I report a maintenance issue?

If you are experiencing a maintenance issue in your home, contact the Maintenance Solution Center (MSC) at (310) 241-6194 as soon as possible. For routine service requests, you may also submit your maintenance request online

With the MSC, you can expect: 

  • Upgraded call handling and customer experience
  • US-based representatives with strong facilities knowledge
  • New call back feature offered to avoid wait times
  • Appointment notifications and reminders
  • Superior response and specialized technician assignments
Our experienced customer service agents are available for 19-hours each weekday to assist you with routine, urgent and emergency service requests. When a request occurs on a weekend or after hours, your MSC call will be handled by an automated after-hours service that puts you in direct contact with the technician who will be responding to your urgent or emergency request. Click here for more information on the MSC. 

Don’t forget to download the Lendlease US Communities App and enable notifications to receive an alert when the maintenance technician is on their way to your home!

Are any items available for pick-up by residents?

To help keep things running smoothly, we are pleased to offer residents a convenient self-help option for a number of replacement items for your home. Items may be picked up at the Community Center during normal business hours or residents may request delivery by calling (310) 241-6194. Items available include:

  • Air filters
  • Light bulbs
  • Batteries
  • Blind slats (up to 10 per quarter)
  • Toilet seats
  • Touch up paint
  • Grass seed

Home Alterations

How do I submit a requests to alter my home?

Tierra Vista Communities does allow limited modifications within the homes.
For more information on the approved colors for paint modifications, review our paint request form and click here to submit your request electronically. If you’re interested in installing a satellite dish, please review the satellite request and return the necessary paperwork. The dig permit form can be found here. For other modification requests, please review and submit the home improvement request form.

Refuse, Recycle & Landscaping

When can I expect the trash and recycling to be picked up?

Trash and Recycling Schedule

When are front yards landscaped?

Landscaping Schedule


Where can I learn more about the Airforce Mandated Utilities Allowance Program?

To reduce energy consumption nationwide, the DOD (Department of Defense) established a utility conservation policy (Public Law 104-106, 110 St, 186 Section 2801) that holds service members and their families responsible for their utilities usage. Privatized military communities across all branches of service are also required to follow the DOD policy.

The Air Force Mandated Utilities Allowance Program more accurately captures utility costs and usage, while still offering a financial incentive to Service Members and families who conserve electricity.

This video explains the program.
Click Here to watch the video

For more in-depth information, click here to review the Air Force Mandated Utilities Allowance Program's Most Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. This document outlines the program, specific changes as well as the most frequently asked questions.

The intent of the Utility Allowance Program is to constantly heighten awareness and promote energy conservation. Through it Tierra Vista residents can become good stewards of our environment. If you have any questions, please call the Community Management Office at 310-241-6184.

Where can I find out more about the utility billing program?

TVC Resident Utility Billing FAQ

Environmental Resources

During your leasing process we provided a Mold 101 Guide that discusses prevention, identification, and the procedure for reporting concerns to your maintenance team. Please immediately notify the Maintenance Solution Center if you discover a leak or suspect water intrusion of any kind in your home. To revisit the guide for prevention and reporting tips, please click here.

Additionally, click here to revisit the EPA’s Lead Based Paint brochure provided with your lease packet.

Departing Residents

I'm moving. What now?

Our goal is to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. Check out our Resources for Departing Residents page for important information and details on the move-out process.

Renters Insurance

Is renter's insurance mandatory?

Beginning December 15, 2023, renters insurance is required at time of move-in and must be maintained at all times during residency with Tierra Vista Communities at the expense of the resident. Renters insurance protects you from claims for property damage and physical injury caused by or to you, a member of your family or a guest while living in your home. The lease requires proof of insurance coverage meeting the minimum requirements with Tierra Vista Communities named as an interested party at time of move-in.

Minimum Required Insurance Coverage:

  • Limits of liability in an amount of at least $100,000 per occurrence

Tierra Vista Communities strongly recommends you add property insurance to cover losses or damage to your personal belongings or the personal belongings of your family or guests. Please keep in mind that Tierra Vista Communities will not cover the loss of or damage to your personal property or the personal property of your family members or guests.

You may choose any renters insurance provider. We offer ResidentShield to residents as an easy and affordable option for renters insurance. Visit for more information or to sign up today!

If you fail to obtain and maintain liability insurance as required by your lease, you will be in violation of your obligation under the lease. For more information, click here.

Common Questions

Does Tierra Vista Communities have a program to assist spouses when Airmen are deployed?

Yes, we offer automatic weekly lawn mowing (as needed). Contact your community office with any questions. We're here to help!

Where can I learn more about how the wait list works?

The Tierra Vista Communities Wait List Explained

Provide Feedback

Tell us how we’re doing!

Our team is committed to providing you with great customer service and community programs. Feedback you provide through SatisFacts surveys help us make improvements that are important to you. Click here to provide us with feedback about services received from our leasing, maintenance, and community teams. We also encourage you to share your ideas and suggestions to improve services and enhance community activities and programs.

Tenant Bill of Rights / Tenant Responsibilities

Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Bill of Rights.
Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Responsibilities. 

Resident Advocate

Resident Advocate

Every Air Force Base with privatized housing has a Resident Advocate. The Resident Advocate assists military members and their families residing in privatized housing in developing solutions to unresolved problems, concerns and needs. They will provide consultation on landlord/tenant disputes and take a proactive approach to ensure the concerns of military members and their families regarding privatized housing are addressed and elevated to the appropriate levels within the chain of command.

The MELLOTT, SETH R CIV USSF AFSPC 61 ABG/CVH [email protected] 
Seth Mellott
LAAFB Privatized Housing Resident Advocate

Dispute Resolution Process

What is the process to escalate a concern related to my home or community?

Informal Dispute Resolution Process – All Residents
Tierra Vista Communities takes resident concerns very seriously and desires to address and resolve any issues in a timely manner to the satisfaction of all parties involved. Click here to view a copy of our informal dispute resolution process as well as key points of contact available to assist you with your concerns.

Formal Dispute Resolution Process – Active Duty Residents
Our vision is to provide outstanding communities where military families live, work, and thrive. If you do not feel your concerns have been effectively addressed in a timely manner through the informal dispute resolution process above, a formal dispute resolution process which involves the Military Housing Office and the Installation Command has been outlined in Schedule 3 of the NDAA Universal Lease for Active Duty residents. To view the details of this program available for you or to begin the process, click here.

Click here to view the Department of The Air Force SAF/IEI Guidance for the Universal Lease and Dispute Resolution Process for Privatized Military Housing. This memo outlines the detailed process for Air Force locations.

We are committed to providing an exceptional resident experience while you call Tierra Vista Communities home. Please reach out to your community office with any questions or to escalate a concern related to your home or community.